How to pass the folder
In this lesson, I will show how to put a password to the folder. We will learn to protect files and password folders, encrypt data on your computer.
How to put a password to the computer folder
Method 1: Archiving
This method is suitable if you need to send a saved folder: send by mail, reset to the USB flash drive, publish on the Internet. If you are going to store it on your computer, it is better to use a special program. Or encrypt data is more difficult, but more reliable.
Archiving is a data packaging procedure, which results in a file archive. You can put a password to this file, and while the user does not enter it, it will not be able to access the data.
- Archive the folder under the password.
- We delete the original (initial folder).
- If you need to edit something, unpack the archive and remove it.
- After edit, archive the folder again and delete the original.
You can use WinRAR or 7-Zip to create such archives.
Usually one of these programs is already on the computer. You can check this by right-clicking on any file. The menu will be the corresponding item.
If both are both (as in the picture), then there is also the same program - use anyone. Well, if you do not find anything like you, download and install 7-zip from the official site.
How to set a password after archiving
Right-click on the directory to which you want to put a password. In the context menu, if you have WinRAR, select "Add to Archive ..." (Add to Archive ...).
And if 7-zip → "Add to archive ...".
In the case of WinRar, a small window will open, where you need to click on the "Install Password ..." button (may be in the "Advanced" tab). After that, another window will appear, where we enter the code.
In 7-zip, point it immediately at the bottom of the window (right).
It should be reliable: at least 10 characters, including numbers, as well as small and large English letters.
I also recommend putting a tick opposite item "encrypt file names". The fact is that if someone tries to open this archive, then, of course, it will not be able to launch files without a password, but it will see their names. If you make encryption, nothing like this will happen. When opening, only the window for entering the password and everything will appear.
On a note . Pay attention to the "Compression level" or "Compression Method" string. By default, the archiver reduces the computer size of the files. This happens without loss of quality, but takes out some time. You can disable this option by selecting "without compression".
When the code is assigned and just in case recorded in a safe place, click on the "OK" button and wait until the folder is archived. If there are few files in it and they are small, it will happen quickly.
As a result, a new file archive will appear.
This is a saved catalog. It turns out, we still have the original and the same, but in the archive under the code.
If this way needs to hide the data from someone who also uses this computer, then you remove the original. And do not forget to wipe it out of the basket.
That's all! Now the folder is pardoned. True, to edit something in it, it will have to extract it every time. And then, if necessary, archive again under the password and delete the original.
Important! If you delete the original directory, leaving the archive only, and suddenly forget the code from it, then everything ... Most likely, you cannot get the data from there.
How to extract data from the archive
To do this, click on the file-archive right-click and select the list WinRAR → Extract to the current folder or 7-Zip → Unpack here .
Then enter the password and click OK.
Everything should be unpacked without problems. But if there is a folder with the same name next, the system will start swearing: to ask whether the files to those in the archive in it are replaced.
On a note . Such an archive can be hacked only if a simple password is assigned. But if the code consists of numbers, small and large letters, placed in random order, and in the number of them there will be more than 12, then the chance is minimal.
Method 2: Password installation programs
You can also pass the folder or file through a special program. Of the advantages compared with archiving - it is easier to work with content, because it is not necessary to extract anything and re-solder.
Wise Folder Hide.
First you need to download Wise Folder Hide from the official site.
Download free version and install on a computer. This process does not differ from the installation of any other program - simply agree with everything and click "Next".
Immediately at startup, the program asks to specify the password. With this code you will open exactly the Wise Folder Hide itself.
Be sure to write down this password in a safe place! Otherwise, if you forget it, open the program, and with it and your folders will not work.
This is what the program looks like:
It works very simple: drag the desired catalog inside or Click on the "Hide Folder" button and choose it from the window. She is immediately hidden, that is, it seems to disappear. And in the program, its status is as "hidden."
Now put the code on it. To do this, select "Set Password" from the drop-down list.
A small window appears where you enter the code and its confirmation.
It will be a password from this folder. If you forget this code, you will not open it later.
Typically, this window appears:
Click "OK". That's all - directory under password. Also, she is also hidden.
To open the folder, you will need to start the Wise Folder Hide program and specify the password from it. Then, from the drop-down list, select "Show folder" and enter the password already from it. Only then will it become available for viewing and editing.
Then to check it out again, we repeat the procedure: drag into the program window and install the code. The same can be done with individual files.
It happens, when starting the program, the Russian language flies - show some kind of krakoyar. In this case, you can do this: Press the button (at the top) and select Languages → ENGLISH. And then click this button again and choose Languages → Russian.
Important! If you forget the password from the program or from your secret folder, then it will not be so easy to return it. It will not help neither removal or even reinstalling the system.
In the end, you will have to buy the full version of Wise Folder Hide, and this is $ 20-30. In addition, you may have to contact the support service and correspond with them in English. So be careful and do not lose passwords!
Lock-A-Folder is free software that can be downloaded by reference: code.google.com/archive/p/lock-a-folder/downloads
1. Select a version for download depending on the battery of OS: Lock-A-Folder-v3.10.3x84.exe or Lock-A-Folder-v3.10.3x64.exe.
2. After installing and running the program, specify the wizard password in the Enter New Password field and repeat it in the next window.
3. In the main program window, click the "Lock A Folder" button.
4. Specify the folder on the computer you want to block.
5. It will appear in the program window and disappear from visibility on the computer.
6. To remove the lock, it is enough to choose a hidden directory and click on the "Unlock Selected Folder" button.
Anvide Seal Folder.
You can download the program from the official site anvidelabs.org.
1. After starting, click the "Lock" icon and assign the master password to enter.
2. Click the "+" icon and add the directory to be protected by the code.
3. Select the Added Directory, click the "Castle" icon - a request to enter the password will appear.
- You can leave the field empty. Then the folder will be blocked without code - you only need to enter the wizard password.
- You can come up with any individual password for each given directory.
After that, the catalog will disappear.
For additional protection, the program provides encryption. To do this, right-click on the added directory, select Settings.
Install the checkboxes in the field "encrypt the names and contents of the files".
To decrypt, click the open icon icon and enter the designated code.
Method 3: Encryption
The folder can be encrypted for a specific account, create a special virtual encrypted container. This is the most reliable, but labor-intensive option.
The BitLocker program is available in Windows versions "Professional and Corporate".
The essence of the work is to create a virtual container, which will be fully encrypted and when mounting will request a password to display data. The method consists of several steps and may seem difficult at first glance. But it is the most efficient and secure data storage in Windows.
Step 1: Creating a Virtual Container
1. Open the start and right in the open menu. Print command diskmgmt.msc. Run the application on behalf of the administrator.
2. In the "Action" menu, click on "Create a Virtual Hard Disk".
The Virtual Container Wizard opens.
3. In the location item, click the Overview button and specify the path to save the container.
It is created as a file, therefore it does not matter where you save it. You can, for example, hide among documents or record on the USB flash drive.
4. Set the size for the container.
If you plan to store only documents, set a small size. For example, from 100 to 500 MB.
5. The format can be left "VHD". It is suitable for connecting in earlier versions of the OS.
6. In the Virtual Disc Type item, specify the "Fixed Size" and click OK.
7. Ready! A virtual container is created - it will appear as a file.
Step 2: Initialization and Mounting Container
1. Run on behalf of the administrator application diskmgmt.msc.
2. In the "Action" menu, select "Attach Virtual Hard Drive".
3. Specify the path where the container file has saved and click OK.
4. A new disk will appear in the lower window. Right-click on it and select "Initialize Disk".
5. When requesting sections selection selection, specify the "main boot record", as it is most suitable for most action. Click OK.
The container was successfully initialized in the system, then you need to create a new volume for it.
6. Right-click on the container and select "Create a simple volume".
Tom will be launched. In the first and subsequent stages after completed actions, press the "Next" button.
7. In the volume size selection window, leave the default value.
8. Assign the letter to this disk (you can specify any).
9. In the last point, specify the name of the container. It will be displayed when connected. And check the box in the "Fast Formatting" item.
Step 3: Container Encryption
1. Go to My Computer, right-click on the virtual container and select "Enable BitLocker".
The data encryption wizard will be launched. After each action, press the "Next" button.
2. Put the checkbox in the "Use a password to remove the lock" and come up with a password.
3. A dialog will open in which BitLocker will offer to save the backup key of the recovery.
I recommend not ignoring this step and save the key to the "USB device" in case you forget the password or fail.
4. In the next window, it will be prompted to select one of the items: "encrypt only busy place" or "all disk". For better security, encrypt the entire disk.
5. In the last step, select "Compatibility Mode" to optimally connect the container on other versions of the OS.
6. Complete the work of the wizard by clicking on the button "Start Encryption".
Ready! The container is encrypted - the lock icon indicates this.
Step 4: Disconnecting and mounting an encrypted container
After successfully creating and mounting an encrypted container, you can work with it as with a regular folder: Create and save documents, files, and so on.
1. Upon completion, right-click and select "Extract".
The container will disappear from the field of visibility of the computer.
2. To re-mount, start the application diskmgmt.msc. In the "Action" menu, click "Connect a Virtual Hard Disk".
3. Select the container file and click OK.
4. To display files, you need to enter the set password or use the recovery key.
Through the folder encryption tool
The computer must be Pro Editorial on Windows and at least two accounts.
If you close the directory in this way, only an account owner will have access to it. All other users will not be available. Also, you will copy the encrypted folder to another computer without a decryption key, the data in the folder will not open.
1. Create a folder and move the files to it that we want to encrypt.
2. Click on it right mouse button and select "Properties". In the General tab, click on the "Other" button.
3. Install the checkbox to "encrypt content to protect the data" and click "OK".
4. We mark the item "To this folder and to all subfolders and files."
Directory and all attached files are encrypted.
Automatically starts the certificate creation wizard for decryption in case you lose access to your account.
6. Choose "Archive Now".
7. In the Master dialog, leave the default tick and click "Next".
8. Click in Checkbox "Password" and invent a new password for decryption.
9. Specify the Certificate Save path.
ten . Click the "Finish" button to complete.
Now if you enter the encrypted folder to another computer or try to open it in another account, a message "denied access" error will appear.
To gain access to encrypted files, you need to open the saved certificate, enter the password. The transcriputory certificate and data access will be applied to the directory.
Through the VERACRYPT program
Official website: veracrypt.fr
The VERA Crypt free program is designed to create encrypted containers in which any data can be placed, and then open them using a password or secret key.
The program is useful if you have a home edition of Windows. It is suitable for newbies, as the interface is friendly and intuitive.
Step 1: Creating a new volume
1. In the main program window, click the "Create Tom" button.
2. Select "Create an Encrypted File Container".
3. Next you need to specify the type of volume:
- Normal . For it, one password is set to enter.
- Hidden . Two passwords are set: one to display a simple volume data, the second to display the secrecy volume data.
As part of the article, we choose the usual volume.
4. In the next window, specify the save path by clicking the "Select File" button.
On a note . Volume can be masked under any extension. For example, under the MP3 or AVI file. And put into the directory with music / movies so that no one can guess where your secret information is stored.
5. In the encryption algorithm selection window, specify "AES"
6. Set the desired size to this.
7. Come up with access password. You can additionally create a backup key in the case of a password.
8. Click the "Set" button.
Step 2: Mounting volume volume
1. In the main program window, click on any of the letters, click on the "Select File" button.
2. Open the secret file with the volume.
3. Click the "Mount" button and enter the password.
Ready! A new container will appear in the "Computer" section. This is our encrypted volume in which you can store data.
How to put a password to the folder in the phone
1. We download and install the ES Explorer:
2. In the File Manager, select the folder, clamp your finger on it, go to the "more" item and click "encrypt".
3. We assign a password.
4. Files within the directory will be encrypted and will take the following form.
5. To decrypt the finger on the directory, select "Decipher"
6. Enter the set password and files inside are decrypted.
Author: Ilya Kurbanovrotector: Ilya Krivoshevoved: 04/28/2020
Each of us has a need from time to time. Hiding personal information on PC. In confidentiality, various files or folders may need to close access for other users. Such a need has repeatedly arose with me, and in this material I will describe various ways - how to put a password for the folder, list the auxiliary programs that can easily pass the necessary file, as well as I will describe their base functionality.
How to put a password to the folder using archivers
Popular archivers WinRar or 7-zip. Stand on the computer of the absolute majority of users. Here are their functionality, I suggest to use in installing a password on folders to protect your files. If you do not have these programs, download on official websites one of them winrar or 7-zip.
Instructions for winrar.
- Highlight the files or folders you need, right-click the mouse, and in the menu that appears, select "Add to Archive".
- In the File Packing menu, check the box to "delete after packaging", then go to the "Advanced" tab, and click on "Set Password".
Click on Install Password
- For convenience, I recommend putting ticks in front of two lower values ("display a password when entering" and "encrypt file names"), and then confirm the operation by clicking on "OK" below.
Install the password for the archive
- You will receive a packaged archive when you try to open which the program archiver will ask your password.
To understand how to put a password to a folder with WinRar, look and how this process looks visually:
Instructions for 7-zip
- Working with an alternative archiver 7-zip. just as simple.
- Highlight the necessary files or folders, press the right mouse button, and in the menu that appears, select "7-Zip - Add to Archive".
- Set the 7-zip archive format, check the "Show password" options and encrypt the file names.
- In the column "Enter the password", dial the required combination of letters (digits).
- And then confirm the changes by clicking OK.
Hide the folder using a bat-file under password
Create a folder to protect the password. Then we create a text document in this folder with a content similar to this (go and copy the contents of the file through Copy-Paste Parol_NA_PAPKU to your file):
Create a TXT file
- In this text, instead of the value your_pall, enter your password.
- Save this file by renaming it through Total Commander - Locker.bat. And then click on it twice.
Rename the file on .bat
- Private directory will be created, where you should transfer all your secret files.
- After transferring again, run this BAT file, answer YOn the question, and the desired folder will simply disappear.
Launch Locker.bat file
- When you need to access a hidden folder, click on our BAT file, enter the previously specified password, and your folder will appear in this directory.
Although this method is not characterized by increased reliability, and the experienced user can always look into the BAT file, however, this option can be considered as one of the alternatives to set the password to the file folder.
We put a password to the directory using Microsoft Office 10
The Microsoft Office 2010 version (or more new) toolkit allows you to encrypt documents created in this product.
- After creating the document, click on the File tab.
- Choose "Protect Document".
- Select in the "Encipat Password" menu.
We encrypt a password document Windows 10
- We enter the same password twice, press "OK", then click on "save".
- The file will be saved under a given password and when you try to open it, the program will need to enter PIN code.
How to put a password for a folder using Windows
If you are not retrograde, use NTFS, not FAT 32, and users enter your computer under their own (rather than your) account (not authorized administrator), then you can use the following method following by the password to the directory.
Its essence is to specify in the properties of folders of those accounts that access to it. If a person's account has no necessary rights, it will not receive access to the directory or will be requested by a password.
- To do this in the conductor, click on the folder (file) of the right mouse button and click "Properties", go to the "Security" tab, then click "Change".
- We click on "add" and make the logins of people you forbid access.
- To check the correctness of the entered logins, click "Check the names" (correctly entered login will be emphasized).
- If you need to ban everything, then we recruit the word "all" (without quotes), click "OK", and put the necessary ticks in the "ban" column, click "OK".
- After the actions were performed, all users (except administrators) will not be able to access this folder.
How to protect the password folder using auxiliary programs
Below I will give a list of auxiliary programs that make it easy to put passwords on folders, as well as I will describe their functionality.
Lock-a-folder. This program is absolutely free and is an excellent option for beginners. It has a minimal interface and a simple password system. The "Lock A Folder" option selects the password folder, the "Unlock Selected Folder" option opens a password folder, and the "Change Master Password" option allows you to change the shared password.
Instead of using encryption techniques, the Lock-A-Folder program simply hides the folder from those who could get access to it. To re-use the folder, you need to run this program and click on "Unlock Selected Folder".
Folder Protector. This program uses encryption to protect your folders. You need to run it, specify the folder, access to which you want to close, specify the password twice and click on "Protect". The folder will be encrypted. It can be decrypted using the main program, as well as using a small executable file that will be created after encryption.
The Folder Protector program has a semi-executive basis (free functionality is very wide) and can be recommended by multiple users.
Password Protect USB. This product is very popular, although based on the paid version. Its functional is similar to the above-described programs, it is enough to click on "Lock Folders", specify the path to the folder, enter the password twice.
You can go and other way, because the Password Protect USB program is embedded in the Explorer menu. In the conductor with clicking the right mouse button on the desired folder, select "Lock with Password Protect USB", twice enter the password and click on "Lock Folders". Now, when you try to enter this folder will pop up the window where you need to type the password.
Dirlock. The functionality of this program is similar to the previous ones, after installation in the Explorer menu, the "Lock / Unlock" option (Close / Open) appears. If it does not appear, you need to run the program, and in its options (options) select Add "Lock / Unlock" CONTEXT MENU.
Now, in order to encrypt the file, it will be enough to click on it with the right mouse button, select "Lock / Unlock", enter the password twice, and then click on Lock. The procedure for obtaining access to the encrypted file is similar - after it is started, you will need to type the desired password.
How it works can be signed here:
ANVIDE LOCK FOLDER. This free program will help you how to put a password to the folder http://anvidelabs.org/programms/asf/.
Run the software, click on the plus in the main menu, use the conductor to find the folder to which you want to put the password and click on the lock image at the top. We enter twice the password and click on "close access" (you can create a hint to the password). The folder will become hidden, and to get access to it will need to start Anvide Lock Folder, select our folder, and then click on the open lock image. Then it will be necessary to enter the password and click on "open access".
How to put a password to the folder using Anvide Lock Folder
Iobit Protected Folder. A paid program for setting passwords has a simplified interface. After starting the Iobit program, click on "Add", select the desired folder, enter the password, confirm. For unlocking, click on "Unlock", enter the password, get access to the file. Everything is simple.
As you can see, there are a large number of different ways to put a password for the desired folders and files. The easiest and most accessible allows the use of the possibilities of the archiver, and more complex involves the use of specialized programs with similar functionality. All these techniques allow you to significantly limit the access of unwanted personalities to your folders, thereby achieving the complete confidentiality of your data.
The original article is at the address - http://hyperione.com/kak-postavit-parol-na-papku/
Unfortunately, Old Bill, even in the new Windows 10, did not take care of its users and did not provide the ability to put a password for a folder that is so necessary for concealing from unauthorized eye of important information. Therefore, if you firmly decided to "classify" your file, be prepared for the fact that it will be a very inconvenient process, and even using third-party programs.
Method number 1. Winrar archiver.
Yes yes, with the help of ordinary winrar and Zip. /RAR Archives installed on the overwhelming majority devices, you can put a password to the folder or file in the computer.
True, this method is very inconvenient (it is worth noting - as all subsequent) and is to create an archive with your password-protected data.
1. If you have no WinRar installed - install it if you already have on the computer - go to the next step.
2. Click on your folder with the right mouse button and select the Add to Archive option.
2. Select the format of the future file and name. Do not closing the windows, click on the "Install Password" button.
3. Enter the password (first check the box opposite the inscription "Display password when entering") and click OK.
4. Once again, click "OK".
5. Open the archive you have created. The password will be requested when trying to open one of the files located in the folder.
Method number 2. Archiver 7zip.
This method is characterized by the name of the program used from the above-described method, the work algorithm remains the same.
1. With the right mouse button on the folder or file that you want to turn off, select "7zip" - "add to the archive".
2. Invent a complex, but memorable password and introduce it to the necessary fields.
3. Click "OK" and we see on the desktop created just an archive.
4. When you try to open files from the archive, you will need to enter a password.
I want to note that the use of popular archivers to solve the task of installing a password to the folder, more priority than the use of little-known, but specialized programs.
This my conclusion is based on the following facts:
General work algorithm. No, in the following programs will not be used archives, but the inconvenience is absolutely the same as when using archivers.
Often specialized programs, or paid, which agree for such a "empty" task - non-disabilities, or free, but do not have proper support, and this threatens the whole boiled problems in the event of difficulties during use.
If you are not afraid of difficulties - set one of the described programs to install the password and use.
Method number 3. The program "ANVIDE LOCK FOLDER".
There are a number of programs that help protect files from outsiders "encroachment on them." The most popular is the utility called "Anvide Lock Folder". It is free and fairly simple in mastering.
1. Download, install and open the program.
2. Drag the desired file to it (you can select the file manually by pressing the "+" icon).
3. Click on your folder and then on the lock icon.
4. Enter the password twice and click "Close Access". If necessary, specify the "Tip". She will help you remember the password.
5. Your folder should abdicate from the desktop and become available only from the program window and after entering the password.
Method number 4. The program "Lim Lockfolder".
A typical representative of the software for installing passwords to files and folders is "Lim Lockfolder". Setting the password, as in the past case, is made for several clicks with the mouse and the folder disappears from the previous location.
1. This is your folder with files that you need to hide from prying eyes and turn off.
2. Open the "Lim Lockfolder", and add this folder to the program by clicking on the folder icon with a green plus.
3. After clicking on the blue lock, on the left in the program, a window appears for entering a password that will be installed.
4. Next, we either set the hint for our password, or ignore this step and be content with the password installed.
How to unlock the folder in "Lim Lockfolder"
1. Open the program and select the desired folder.
2. Click on the icon of the Red Lock, on the left in the program window and enter the previously installed password.
3. Everything. Your folder is unlocked and appeared again on your desktop.
At the end, I would like to add that for such purposes it is better not to risk using lowopular programs, but simply remove the necessary folder or file in the file system and simply Hide her Or banal use a flash drive for storing important information.
The question of how to put a password to the folder in Windows occurs at the moment when information does not appear on your computer. It is not important that it will be secret documents that are worth hiding from competitors and employees or materials that cannot be shown to children - the methods of hiding the same.
In the article, I will consider six ways to block directory, one of which is based on the capabilities of the operating system, which are not all known, the rest work with the help of programs:
- Password without programs, Windows tools (the most convenient and reliable way);
- Password to the folder using the archiver;
- Programs for blocking access:
- Dirlock program;
- Anvide Lock Folder utility;
- LIM LOCKFOLDER;
- Password Protect program.
How to put password with Windows
The network has widespread the view that set the password to the directory without programs using the standard capabilities of the operating system is impossible - this is a delusion caused by the fact that computer literacy of users and many "Mount Bloggers" is low.
In terms of security, each new version of Windows is better than the previous one, you need to learn these opportunities to use.
User accounts are based on user accounts. In order to close the directory of the secret key, you must do the following:
- Create separate accounts for yourself and for other users. By default, only your administrator account created during the installation of the operating system is valid.
- Put a password to your account.
- Specify which documents and directories are common, and which are available only to specific users. To access such objects, everyone except you will need a password.
As a result, to access your personal data, you will need access to the administrator account. The rest of the information on the computer (general) will be available to everyone.
Now consider how it all put and configure, in detail.
Create a shared account
- We enter the "Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "Adding and deleting user accounts"
- Select the "Account Creating" item. Think up the name, if there are some specific users, you can do for them by name (wife / husband, children), or something in common, such as "ordinary user."
From now on, you will have an administrator - it's you, and everyone else is other accounts.
Put the access code for an account
To begin with, you choose yourself in the list of users. After you have created additional account, you will have several users (minimum 2). If you forgot how to get to this choice, then again "Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "Adding and Deleting User Accounts"
Then the file "Creating a password" and install it. There will be an opportunity to add a hint if you have a difficult password, I recommend it to do not forget and not block yourself access to your own computer.
From this point on, the administrator function will only be available to you, all the rest are deprived of them, but can use the machine, including all its folders and files, except those that we prohibit further.
Close the password folder
User accounts relate to various groups, you are an administrator, other users. In order to put limited access to certain folders, it is enough to remove the permission to read these folders for all users and leave it to the administrator (you).
This is done as follows:
- Click edit with the mouse button on the desired folder and select "Properties";
- Open the Safety tab (the rights of all groups and users relative to this folder are registered in this tab);
- Under the list of groups, press the "Edit" button;
- Alternately choosing groups and users (usually, these are groups "Users" and "Verified Users") set the checkboxes with the prohibition opposite the change, read, read and execute, the list of the folder content (total).
The application of the changes made will automatically disable access to this folder from all outsiders. For access, they will need a password from the account that is allowed.
Closing password archive with folder
The second way to put a password to the folder is based on the packaging of the desired directory to the archive using a special program of the archiver and the installation of the archive access code. This method is not entirely correctly called the Password setting to the folder, since it stops the folder, turning into a rar or zip file.
But, nevertheless, according to the convenience of using such a method of protection, the method is at height, since the WinRAR program, necessary to work with archives, allows you to work with files and folders within the archive directly, without reverse unpacking. That is, you have added data to a passerous archive. In the future, you get access to them only when entering. And all changes within the archive are automatically added inside the archiver itself.
How to use WinRAR and how to archive the file, I described in detail in the article on this program. There is a very detailed instruction, even a video lesson is, and here I will duplicate everything shortly:
- Install the WinRar archiver
- Select a folder to which you want to put a password and click right-click
- In the context menu, select "Add to Archive"
- In the archive settings window, click the Set Password button
- Enter the password
- Create an archive by pressing the "OK" button
I will add only one nuance - if the folder is big and there is no purpose to compress it, but you only need to pass through, then, when setting up the archive, set the parameter "without compression" - it will significantly save time.
Programs for installing a password to the folder
The minus of this method is that the operation requires the installation of additional special software (third-party programs), which is no longer used for any purposes. In general, I recommend to resort to the use of special utilities only at an extreme need when other methods are not available.
Program for installing Dirlock password
There is no need to learn multi-page instructions for using the Dirlock utility, as it is intuitively understandable even inexperienced newcomer. To put it with its help, the access restriction will take 10 seconds.
Download the program here , It is necessary to install it on the computer.
After installing and setting up the program in the context menu, which drops out when you click right-click on the folder, the "Lock / Unlock" item will appear - this is the option of installing the password.
If such an item has not appeared with an automatic machine, then run the utility and select "File" in the menu, in it "Options". The window will open, where such a menu is added with the "Add 'Lock / Unlock" Context Menu "button.
After that, you can put a password to any folder and when you try to open it, a message will appear that access is prohibited.
You can again open the folder only when removing the prohibition through the same context menu "LOCK / UNLOCK".
Unfortunately, permanent access to the folder is blocked in this way, it will not work and the password will have to put and remove the password.
Lock Folders Utility Anvide Lock Folder
Another program designed to close the folder password on the computer. In the appeal is not more difficult than the previous one, simply, a little with another approach.
Download ANVIDE LOCK FOLDER program here And install.
In this utility, closing folders is carried out through the program interface itself.
How to put a password to the folder
- Launch the program,
- Through the built-in conductor (+ button) find the desired folder,
- Press in the panel on the closed lock,
- Double-click the password and click the Close Access button,
- You can enter a password prompt (if you wish),
- The folder will become invisible.
How to remove the password
- Run Anvide Lock Folder,
- Select a pellet folder from the list,
- Press the open lock icon,
- Enter the password and click "Open Access".
As in the previous utility, to work with the contents will have to put and remove the code every time.
We put a password with Lim Lockfolder
This utility is 100% repeated the previous option. All buttons and algorithms of work coincide, only the appearance of the buttons (design) differs. It will be easy to figure it out.
Download Lim Lockfolder. here And run the installation.
You run the program, select the desired folders through the conductor, put passwords, then remove it through the open lock button - everything is as in Anvide Lock Folder.
Password Protect program
The last option in the article is Password Protect. It differs from the previous utilities by the fact that it does not require installation on a computer.
The second plus is in Russian.
You can download the program here .
To put a password to the folder:
- Open Password Protect
- Click the "Folder" button
- Choose in the conductor the desired element and click "OK"
- Twice prescribe access code and, if necessary, hint
- We see a successful closing message - the folder becomes invisible.
To work with the contents of this directory, the password will need to be removed through the start of the utility and the "Open folders" button.
Similarly to all previous options, to shoot and put passwords will be constantly - this is the main disadvantage of all programs, why I advise you to use the standard features of Windows.
Six possible options for passing directories on the computer we reviewed today. Each of them has its advantages and cons, so everyone should decide what to give preference - is it worth trusted with third-party software or use the possibilities that Windows operating system gives?
Everyone has certain personal secrets or simply any information that are not intended for the eyes of other people.
This applies to all, including users of computers. The safety of information stored on the hard disk of the computer is not only the task of the anti-virus software of the operating system, but also the dominant duty of each user.
The main element of protection and confidentiality is to install a password to enter an account, password for committing certain actions, as well as passwords to open certain directories and viewing files.
And it is on how to install password protection to a folder on a computer with a Windows operating system and will be speech in this article.
How and how to install a password
It should be noted that there is a huge number of options that allow you to make a planned, including through third-party software or staff of Windows.
Variations of their applications range from the desired degree of protection, accessibility to the computer, the availability of administrative powers, as well as the availability of rights to perform such actions, if you are not the owner of the target computer.
Within the framework of the topic under consideration, it should be highlighted in four ways that can implement and smartly serious users.
Method 1 - Degree of protection "Low"
The first way, it is the most easy to fulfill, does not require attracting additional third-party software.
To implement it, it will be necessary to make only the following:
In this method there is a huge number of minuses, the most clear of which is the finding of the folder and the file itself (the script where the password / key is specified) in public access, and the folder itself is not blocked, only the opportunity to make it visible itself is blocked.
Therefore, this method of protection is not solved, but quite interesting for novice users.
Method 2 - the degree of protection "average"
In the second way, which is the most common, serves the premises of the "secret folder" in the archive.
If you do not find fault in the terms, then you can consider it a regular instrument of the operating system, as few people have installed on the "WinRAR" or "7-Zip" computer.
Setting the password is literally a minute for this:
- Right-click on the "Secret folder" and select the archiving tool, for example, "WinRAR", and click "Add to Archive";
- You will open a window with the settings of the created archive in which you find the "Install Password" button;
- Enter the key you need and click on the "OK" button;
Now, when you try to view files in the folder, the password entry will be requested.
Method 3 - degree of protection "Optimal"
A third-party software designed to solve the question under review, a huge amount, among which there are both adequate free options and extremely interesting representatives with a paid license.
One of the most popular free utilities is Anvide SEAL Folder, which has long been known to many users. You can download it on the official website anvidelabs.org
The utility has a Russian-speaking interface and use its functionality is simple enough to do this:
Please note that by default, the program only hides the selected folder (something similar in the method 1), but in the settings you can enable additionally "Encryption of the file name and folders" and "Encryption of the File Content".
Method 4 - Degree of protection "High"
Among the paid software, which allows you to set the password not only to the folders on the rigid disk of the computer, but also on the catalogs stored on external media the most functional and adequate option is the Hide Folders program (Hide Folder EXT - to work with external carriers).
Download the program and evaluate its work in a 30-day trial period from the official site of developers - http://fspro.net/hide-folders/
This option offers incomparably larger functionality than it was described above, therefore, it should be approached to the blocking procedure with caution.
And in order to pass the folder you need to do the following:
- Run the utility using the Hide Folders shortcut to work with the directory of the regular hard disk;
- Click the "List" tab and click on the Add button;
- Select the folder you need and select the checkbox in a preferred protection method, for example, a combination "hide and block";
- Next, click on the "Password" button and set the access key to the program functionality;
- It will only be left to highlight the mouse click selected folder and click on the "Enable" button.
From this point on, the standard access to the folder through the conductor or the file manager will be unavailable for everyone, including you.
With the protection turned on, you can work with the folder only through the functionality of the HideFolders program, for example, to open, it is enough to enter a password (invented earlier), and click on the "Open" button through the right mouse button.
Important! In the demo version there is one significant limitation - this is an administrator password can only be "Demo"! Therefore, without direct acquisition, the license fully use the functionality of the program will not be possible.
To block the folder on the removable media, run the "HideFoldExtEREX" shortcut:
- Find the necessary media, focusing on the assigned letter and click "Next";
- Select one of two options:
- Create a secret folder and leave it visible;
- Create a secret folder and immediately hide it.
- Click on the Finish button.
After that, the program will create a folder named "myhiddenfolder" in which you can place all confidential data, and access to this folder can be obtained only through the functionality of the program itself, by analogy with the above described, that is, you will need to enter a password.
In general, a fairly interesting program, but requiring a certain amount of funds.
So, the above four different options for blocking access to a specific directory stored on a computer or on an external carrier were considered.
Which one choose to solve you, as it distinguishes them not only the degree of proposed protection, but also various functionality, which in some cases are simply not needed, or vice versa can play a key role.
You will also be interested:
Not uncommon, when at work or at home, several people use several people. In such a situation, know how you can install a password to the folder in Windows 10, 8, 7, XP is simply necessary. Why do you ask? Of course, to store in this folder with a password important information for you, which you would not want to know outsiders. Ways how to quickly set a password to the folder in Windows a lot, but today we will tell you about the most popular, among users.
First place - WinRar and 7-Zip
Surely one of these programs installed on your PC. Therefore, it is additionally downloaded to something and install it, it is, of course, plus. Now let's talk about their capabilities and how to use them.
WinRar File Archiver
- We choose a folder with the valuable information for you, bring the cursor to it, we put the right mouse button. There is a list in which you need to find and choose " Add to archive "
- Pops up the window where you need to click on the "key" Set password… "
- Next, you will be asked to register the password in the column " enter password " Prescribe and press " OK "
- You still have an archived folder with the same name. When opening, which will be required key. This option, how to easily pass the folder in the PC, will suit anyone who does not have any special knowledge, the user.
7-Zip File Archiver
- Click on the folder that they decided to pass the right mouse button. Reveal " 7-zip. ", Press" Add to archieve "
- We find the section " Encryption ", I enter your password there twice, which you yourself have come up with. Click " OK. "
- Ready, a new archived folder appears. Try to unzip it, it must request enter the key. Of course, put the password with these utilities easier than simple, difficulties should not arise. But in terms of convenience and comfortable use, here the method does not have to do anything.
Second place - BAT file
This method is definitely popular with users. The method shows how to easily put a password to the folder without programs. You don't need to download and install anything, it is enough to make a folder and file Bat. The principle consists in hiding the folder, with the valuable information for you, and when the password is set, this folder will appear. This is implemented with a mini script.
- We do anywhere in the folder. We enter it, press the right mouse button, choose " Create "," Text Document »
- We reveal the text document you have created. We insert the code there, you can download it below, and necessarily in the line " IF NOT% PASS% == "Do not forget to register your new password. We have the key in the script " 12121212. ", It must be changed.
- After changing the password, in the top sections, select " File "," Save as… " A window appears where " File name »Enter" Locker.bat. " BUT " File type »Choose" All files (*.*) " We click Save "
- Now you have two files in the folder " Locker.bat. "And" New text document.txt " Remove " New text dock ... "To remain only one" Locker.bat. "
- Double-click run " Locker.bat. " The folder will be created. Private " All important information for you place in this folder.
- After posting your information in the folder, activate the file " Locker.bat. " Will populate a black window where you will be prompted to encrypt the folder " Private "Under your password. Click " Y"
- Folder " Private "It will disappear completely that it is in it. In order for it to be visible again, click on the file again. Locker.bat. "And enter your password you specified.
The method is simple and not sufficiently reliable. If the cracker finds your BAT file, it can easily watch the key. He is quite trite on the file to clap the right mouse button and choose " Change " All information he will be in front of his eyes. Therefore, we recommend that you carefully hide the BAT file.
Third place - creating a virtual storage, BitLocker
In this embodiment, we will show how to create a pellet virtual disk using a Windows-BitLocker function. Keep in mind nor in each Windows there is such a function, here is the list where there is exactly:
- Windows 10 - only Pro, Enterprise, Education.
- Windows 8 and 8.1 - only Pro, Enterprise
- Seventh Windows and Windows Vista - only Ultimate, Enterprise
- Create a new disk, for this we can recommend the common Acronis Disk Director program. Or you can register a password to an existing disc, choose as better to you.
- Go to " My computer " Right-click on your selected disk and select " Enable BitLocker "
- I celebrate the checkmark " Use password to remove .... . ". We enter twice the password that should consist of eight and more characters.
- We define with the place where it is safer to keep the key to restore, suddenly forget the main code.
- In the next window, we put the point in front of the string " New encryption mode "
- The final action that needs to be performed is to click " Start encryption " All, waiting for the end of encryption, check. Access to files will be limited without code.
Fourth place - programs that will help put the key in Windows 10, 7, 8, XP.
There are plenty of programs for both paid and free, thanks to which you will easily set the key to protect the folder. We decided to take the best in the free segment for example.
Anvide SEAL Folder utility
- Download from the official site and click the Install button, while specifying the Russian language.
- After starting, it is necessary to register a password to enter this application. Otherwise anyone can go to it and remove any passwords that you will put.
- Choose with the help " A plus »The folder you need to pass through and click the icon" Closed castle " The window will pop up, where you need to enter a password.
The following window opens in which you can configure the password to the password.
Now you will know how to pass the folders in Windows 10,87, XP using the Anvide Seal Folder application. Perhaps this will be interesting for you to read: how to quickly find out the wifi password.
Using Lock-A-Folder, you can hide any folders on your computer. Of the shortcomings, only one can be distinguished, there is no Russian language. But even without it, it will be easy to use this utility.
- Open applications. We put the code on the program itself.
- We make the choice of folder for locking, install the code.
- For unlocking clay " Unlock Selected Folder. " Hidden all files and folders will be available again.
Easy way to encrypt Microsoft Word
For any individual document you create in Microsoft Word, you can put encryption.
- After creating a Word or Excel file, enter the menu " Office " Next click on " Prepare "Will reveal a submenu where you choose" Enchant Document "
- In the window we prescribe a security password invented by you. I confirm it with a repeat set.
Ready, now when opening this document will pop up a window that requires password entry.
This option is well suited to users who store keys on the Word file. For example, you will need to implement remote access to another PC. The login code can be recorded on Word document and pass through with this method.
We put the password in Mac OS to the folder
Passing the folder in MacBook or IMAC is pretty simple.
- Run " Disk Utility "(Disk utility). Find it in " Programs "," Service Programs "
- See the menu where you need to choose " File "," New " later " Create an image from the folder "
- We write the name of the image, indicate the size, as well as the type of encryption. Click " Create »
- Next, you will be offered to enter a key and confirm it with re-entering.
- Ready, now you have a disk image. In order to look something or add new files to it, you will need to enter the key that you set.
Today we showed options how you can put a password to the folder in Windows and MacOS, as well as several programs. Each of these methods is good in its own way. Therefore, when choosing, you need to take into account some factors: the amount of information that needs to be hidden from prying eyes and its value.
You can also read:
Often, users fall into a situation where you need to hide the contents of a folder or file from an extraneous eye, so the question arises on how to put a password to the folder.
Unfortunately, the developers of the Windows operating system did not provide for the presence of such a function as setting the password to individual user files and directories.
On the OS, you can only configure the ban to certain users to use or view a specific type of directory, files or programs.
Setting the password to the folder is necessary if:
- You want to hide your files from unauthorized access to them by other persons;
- Want to protect your personal data from illegal copying or distribution.
Put a password for archive
Using this method, you can pass the folder with any file types, while it is possible to hide the very fact that the file has a specific format files.
The Introduction window will fly before the archive opens, so it is impossible to learn about its content if the user does not know the combination. Password on the archive without programs is the easiest way to protect folders.
Tip! The Password Installation Function to the archive does not require pre-installing additional software, it is only necessary to have pre-installed free WinRAR or 7-zip programs.
To add the desired folder to the archive and pass it, follow the instructions below:
- Click on the Right-click Manipulator you are interested in and add it to the archive, as shown in the figure;
The process of adding a folder to the archive
- Immediately after you have selected the action "Add to Archive", a window will appear with various settings of the parameters of the created archive. Go to the tab with optional parameters and locate the button to set the password, it is shown in the figure;
The window of the additional parameters and the settings of the created archive
- Press the button that allows you to set the password.
After that, a small input window will instantly appear. The new code must be entered twice (to verify the correct administration). You can also put a tick near the file encryption option.
Thus, third-party users will not be able to learn anything about the type of file hidden.
Password installation process for archive
After trying to open the archive, we see that you first need to enter the code and only then you can view, as well as edit its contents.
Attempt to gain access to a pellean archive
This method of setting the code is the easiest and most effective. However, for its implementation, it will take the presence of one of the archivers on the computer.
Also, if the code is forgotten or lost, the restore content of the archive will be a fairly difficult task for the user. That is why the backup copy of the protected files should be stored, for example, on the cloud storage.
The above way can also pass the archive on the flash drive.
Using the PasswordProtect USB program
On the Internet you can find a huge amount of third-party software, which can cope with the task of setting the code to the system you need.
A large proportion of such programs, unfortunately, can harm your files, rather than protect them from unauthorized access from other users.
This article presents the most popular and common types of software that have been tested by a large number of users, so these programs will not harm your computer and files that need to pass or hide.
This program is available for downloading and installing on a PC and has compatibility with Windows 10.
Main window program
PasswordProtect USB allows you to pass the folders and remove the previously installed cipher. The application has an intuitive user interface, so work with this utility will not be a challenging task for the user.
You can start the process of setting the code not only using the main program window, but also using the computer desktop.
After you have installed this software on your operating system, the installation function will be displayed in the menu of each folder, you only need to press it with the right mouse button, as shown in Figure:
Setting the password to the folder using the PasswordProtect USB program
- The next step must be entered the code in the window that opens. Enter it twice to eliminate the possibility of error.
Installing a password to a folder using a third-party program
- After installing the code on the folder icon, a sign will be displayed, which indicates that the folder is protected. When you try to open a pellets folder, such a dialog box will appear. In this way, the code is most often put on folders with photos.
Password input dialog box for opening a folder
FOLDER LOCK SOFTWARE
This program is able to protect the folder on a laptop or PC. Supported operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10. The utility encrypts directly to the folder itself, without an archive.
You can put the code on the folder with absolutely any content: with files, with photos and documents.
To install it on the folder using this program, follow the instructions:
- Download and install the Folder Lock;
- Enter the password in the text field, which will be the password folder;
- Click OK;
- Drag the desired folder to the main program window or use the Add icon;
Add a folder in the program
- After the folder was added, it instantly becomes blocked and only a person who knows the password can open it.
Put a password on a network folder
You can also pass the network folder. You can also download individual programs for this, for example: Folder Hidden.
You can also use the program. Folder Guard (Download link).
The main property of the network folder is accessible to all users of the network, so sometimes there are cases when the content can be hidden. However, can I hide the content-folders of this type for all users?
You can, but there is a threat that users of one network can easily hack the password.
Exterior Network Folder View
Pass text file
You can pass the text file separately from the folder. Thus, it is possible to increase its cryptoid resistance (resistance to hacking).
In the usual text file, you can save a huge number of text, so this method is perfect for the password encryption of individual voluminous user documents.
In order to increase the level of protection, you should also change the encoding of a text file and then, in the case of hacking, the attacker will not be able to read the content without the use of a number of additional programs that select the correct encoding.
To put a password on a notepad file, follow these actions:
Creating a standard notepad file
- Open the newly created file and enter the text that shows the figure below. Instead of words, your_pall, you need to enter a combination that will password;
Text to install a password in a text document
- Save the document in BAT format;
Now, when you try to open a notebook document in the computer, the password will be requested, only after entering the correct password, the user will be able to view and edit the contents of the file.
How to put a password to the folder
Top 5 ways - how to put a password to the folder
There are many ways to protect the folder on a computer using a password, but most of them require special software. At the same time, many of these programs are paid. There is an easy way to put a password to the folder using a batch file. And although this method does not give 100 percent protection, it can be used as one of the options for protecting your data.
Setting the password to the folder
To begin with, creating a regular folder anywhere with an arbitrary name. For example, Personal .
Then you need to enter this folder and create a text document with any name in it. It is easy to do with the context menu.
Open a text document and insert the following code:
CLS @ECHO OFF TITLE FOLDER PRIVATE IF EXIST "COMPCONFIG LOCKER" GOTO UNLOCK IF NOT EXIST PRIVATE GOTO MDLOCKER: Confirm Echo Are You Sure You Want to Lock The Folder (Y / N) SET / P "CHO =>" IF% CHO% == y Goto Lock IF% Cho% == y Goto Lock IF% Cho% == N Goto End If% Cho% == N Goto End Echo Invalid Choice. Goto Confirm: Lock Ren Private "COMPCONFIG LOCKER" ATTRIB + H + S "COMPCONFIG LOCKER" ECHO FOLDER LOCKED GOTO END: UNLOCK ECHO ENTER PASSWORD TO UNLOCK FOLDER SET / P "PASS =>" IF NOT% PASS% == password_goes_here Goto Fail attrib -h -s "Compconfig Locker" Ren "COMPCONFIG LOCKER" PRIVATE ECHO FOLDER UNLOCKED SUCCESSFULLY GOTO END: FAIL ECHO INVALID PASSWORD GOTO END: MDLOCKER MD Private Echo Private Created SuccessFully Goto End: End
Now we find the field in the code Password. _Goes. _Here And we replace it with the password we need. Save the file and rename it in Locker.Bat.
! If you have disabled file extensions displaying in the system, it may be difficult to change the file name. The fact is that in the file Locker.bat. , Locker - this is the name of the file, and .bat. - Expansion. When displaying file extensions disabled, you only see the file name and when you rename the text file, then assign a name to it Locker.bat. And the extension remains the same - TXT. Therefore, so that there are no such problems, before renaming the file, you need to enable the display of file extensions in Windows.
We start the Locker.bat file, as a result of which the Private folder should be created, in which you need to place all your documents that you go to protect. After that, launch the batch file locker.bat again.
Now you will be offered to block the folder. Choose Y.
In this case, your Private folder will disappear.
If you start the Locker.bat file again, a request to enter a password will be issued.
When entering the password that you specified in the batch file, the PRIVATE folder will appear and you can again work with it.
This method set the password to the folder is not the safest. The fact is that an experienced user can see your documents if you enable the display of hidden and system files in the system. You can also find out your password, viewing the contents of the Locker.bat file. The advantage of this method is that no additional software is used. Therefore, it can be used as an option to protect your documents from inexperienced users or children.
Did you ever have a desire to hide any information from prying eyes? Perhaps other people use your computer besides.
In this case, there is a great opportunity that the data is sooner or later after all the same.
In order to protect information, you need to know how to pass the folder.
Microsoft is seriously worried about the safety of the personal data of its users.
Windows operating system every year improves new versions.
However, there are still no staff with which it would be possible to put a password to the file.
But there are many other options that can help in this business.
One of the options to pass the folder on Windows 7 is the use of a special script.
This is an easy way to limit access to files, but it has a significant minus: the folder after hidden will be visible.
That is, any user can enable the "display of hidden" elements and see them.
- First, open the TXT format document (this can be done using a notepad). Enter the code below.
CLS @ECHO OFF TITLE FOLDER PAPKA IF EXIST "SECRETNO" GOTO DOSTUP IF NOT EXIST PAPKA GOTO RAZBLOK REN PAPKA "SECRETNO" ATTRIB + H + S "SECRETNO" ECHO FOLDER LOCKED GOTO END: DOSTUP ECHO VVEDI PAROL DLYA RAZBLOKIROVKI SET / P "PASS => »IF NOT% PASS% == Moi-Parol Goto Parol Attrib -H -S" Secretno "Ren" Secretno "Papka Echo Papka Razblokirova Goto End: Parol Echo NEPRAVILNY PAROL GOTO END: Razblok MD Papka Echo Papka Sozdana Goto End: End.
- Then you need to save it and rename the format. TXT on Bat.
- After that, the file is created in which the documents you want to be hidden.
- To view the materials, a protective cipher is required each time.
- After entering the cipher, you can use files.
- In order to change the code, change the phrase Moi-Parol on any other .
In Windows 7, you can protect documents with thanks to another simple method.
To begin with, you need to create a format file. PFX. .
- Right-click on the desired directory. Select the tab "Properties" :
- Further click on "Are common" , and B. "Attributes" We make a choice "Other" :
- After that, the window opens where you need to put a tick on the contrary "Encrypt data content" :
- Next, choose what changes are to apply. After selecting the second item, your documents that are in the file will be encrypted and nobody can see them.
- Then requires confirmation of archiving. Click on the first string:
- After that, the certificate export wizard is launched. Click on button "Further" :
- Next, press the button below:
- After that, you need to select the cipher by which your directory will be protected.
- Then you need to export the file to the computer to the key.
- To complete work in the final window, click "Ready" :
Now your directory is reliably protected from prying eyes and unnecessary interference.
No one can get access to them without a special code and file key that you indicated.
These are programs, thanks to which you can compress a large amount of information into one file. This allows you to more conveniently and compact information.
You can also protect such an archive - so the data will not fall in third-party hands, because to open such a file you need to know the password.
This is one of the most common archivers.
The advantage is that such a program can be continued to use even after the expiration of the trial period.
Compression occurs very quickly, and the size of the finished archive of this utility is less than that of the rest. Put the cipher on the archive is very simple:
- You need to select information that requires archiving. Right-click you need to choose the option "Add to archive…" .
- In the pop-up tab, you can select all the desired parameters. Select the item specified by the arrow to encrypt documents.
- Password must be written in a special tab. I confirm the action by clicking "OK" .
This is a utility that supports almost all formats that only exist.
7-Zip is also free, and it's easy enough to use it.
- In order to pass the folder, click on it right-click and select the required string:
- Then configure the creation of the archive: setting the parameters.
- Choose password B. "Encryption" :
This is another reliable software that will help protect the data.
- Click on the file to be hidden, and follow this sequence:
- Check in the point "Encryption of files" :
- Enter the code and click "OK"
In addition to archivers, there are useful programs, thanks to which you can also pass the folder on Windows 10.
These are free applications in order to reliably protect your personal information and not to transmit it to unnecessary people.
Management is simple, you can figure out the work in a minute.
- To enter the account invent your own user password:
- Next click on the button "Hide folder" And after that we are looking for the necessary on the computer. Confirm the action.
- The selected catalog disappears from its previous location:
- To set the password, you need to set the display again.
- Next, install the code:
- In the open tab we write cipher and click "OK" :
- Confirm the action:
This program will help pass the folder on Windows 7 and 10.
It takes a little memory, has a Russian interfers language and fast speed.
Install the security code can be even from the desktop, it is not necessary to open the provision.
Such a utility will not harm your files that need protection.
- Click on the directory you want to hide, and choose the following line:
- Then we enter the cipher:
- After installing encryption on the folder, there will be a special icon that reports that it is necessary for the code. For the viewing of documents, you must enter it:
Another popular utility to hide and passing personal data.
Hidden files will not be displayed on the computer.
Also hidden information can be stored on portable drives.
The app is free and it can be easily downloaded.
Plus, the programs are that after such passions, the documents are not displayed even after using the function of displaying hidden files and folders.
Minus - no support for the Russian language.
However, it is completely easy to understand the functionality.
Download and install software. In the text field, enter the code that will be used to protect information in the future.
After confirmation, drag the desired material to the main menu and click "Add" .
After adding, open directories can already only with the code.
- How to restore the hard disk data - top 10 programs
- How to remove zen from the browser: a quick way
- 3 ways to remove protection from writing from flash drive without installing programs
- Error: No kernel32.dll entry point found. How to fix?
Anvide Lock Folder.
The utility has access to the control and stylish interface.
Great to hide all traces from the materials you need to hide. It reliably hides any necessary information.
Also has a portable version.
You can hide files by clicking on the corresponding icon.
Using this feature, access to important directories is limited.
To install cipher and additional security, click on "Close access ..." :
This provision has three security options: hide, access unit and installing "for reading".
You can install the flash drive and use on other computers even without installation.
It can work in hidden mode, so even professionals will be difficult to detect such interference.
Free application that sets the code on any folders and files in them.
It is characterized by security, since the cipher cannot be installed on important system files, on which the computer works depends.
You can select applications through which access to certain materials will not be blocked.
If you have found a mistake, please select the text fragment and click Ctrl + Enter. .